Empowering Individuals to Start and Succeed as a Home Based Travel Agent for over 25 years!
“How to Start a Home Based Travel Agency“ was the very first book written about this exploding business opportunity that has evolved in the travel industry over the past decades. First written in 1994, the book was considered on the fringe of the industry. Today, the book is distributed by the most professional and astute travel organizations in existence and is considered a must read for anyone looking to start a successful Travel Business.
It is written with only one purpose; to help you start your Home-Based Travel Business with a minimum of outlay and maximum return for your investment of time and money. Nothing is left to the imagination as every detail of the start-up process is disclosed in great detail.
- Chapter 1: The Travel Industry, Opportunity of the 21st Century
- Chapter 2: A Brief History of Travel Retailing
- Chapter 3: Transition from Storefront to Home Based Travel Agencies
- Chapter 4: Evolution of the True Independent Contractor
- Chapter 5: Developing a Business Concept
- Chapter 6: Developing a Business Plan
- Chapter 7: Starting a Home-Based Travel Business
- Chapter 8: Setting up your Books
- Chapter 9: Your Home Office for the 21st Century
- Chapter 10: Your Home Office – Computer, Network and More
- Chapter 11: Selecting your Host Agency
- Chapter 12: Establishing your Agency Relationship with Suppliers
- Chapter 13: Travel Reservations and Reference Resources
- Chapter 14: Setting up your Supplier Files
- Chapter 15: Developing your Marketing Plan
- Chapter 16: Creating a Print and Digital Marketing Strategy
- Chapter 17: Using Direct Mail
- Chapter 18: Travel Advertising
- Chapter 19: Travel Promotion
- Chapter 20: Cold Calls, Canvasing and Telemarketing
- Chapter 21: Travel Marketing Techniques for the 21st Century
- Chapter 22: The Internet and the Travel industry
- Chapter 23: Organizing your Marketing Files
- Chapter 24: Developing your Knowledge and Skills
- Chapter 25: Legal Issues and Protecting your Business
- Chapter 26: Home Based Travel Agent Benefits
- Chapter 27: Tax Benefits for Home Based Travel Agents
- Chapter 28: Getting Connected to the Travel Industry
- Chapter 29: Travel Professional Community
- Chapter 30: Where do I go From Here?
“There is so much to learn as an entrepreneur in the travel industry. It’s not just about booking travel. It’s also about launching your own business and setting it up for success. That is why “How to Start a Home Based Travel Agency” is such a critical resource for those new to the industry, or making a move to an independent contractor status. It is filled with practical tips and real-world advice that can be applied immediately. We value this textbook so highly that we include it in our entry level program curriculum, the TRIPKit.”
– Guida Botelho, CTIE – Director of Education for The Travel Institute
About the Authors:
The Ogg Family has a cumulative tenure in the travel industry of over 100-years. Their experience and understanding of the Home-Based Travel Agency opportunity, combined with their enthusiastic entrepreneurial spirit, make this title a must read for those looking to either start a home-based travel business or to further their success as a Travel Professional.
To Access More Tools to help you get started as a Home Based Travel Agent, visit www.HomeBasedTravelAgent.com.
Special Offers for Home Based Travel Agents:
- Buy 3 Books and Save 10%
- Buy 5 Books and Save 20%
- Buy 8 Books or More and Save 25%
(Discount Applied at Checkout Cart)